PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- The Peekskill School District is celebrating Peekskill School Month, with a district-wide open house sponsored by the Parent-Teacher Organization on Wednesday, Feb. 10, at the District Administration Building.
The event, from 6:30 to 8 p.m., will include a presentation by Schools Superintendent David Fine about the district's academic and enrichment programs, musical performances by students, and question and answer session for parents or relatives of students.
Learn more about the opportunities offered throughout the school district, including the following:
- Half and Full-Day Pre-Kindergarten
- Full-Day Kindergarten & Transitional Kindergarten Classrooms
- Dual Language Program beginning in Kindergarten
- District Environmental Science Programs
- Elementary Enrichment and Gifted & Talented Programs
- Accelerated Secondary Sequences In Math, Art, Language, Science, Music and Technology
- Music Technology, Computers, and STEAM programs
- Planetarium & Astronomy Program
- AP and SUNY college-credit programs
- Expanding Performing Arts programs, Dance, Theater, and Drama
- Applied Science Research Program
- Comprehensive Extra-Curricular & Athletic Programs
- District Swimming Program
- Bi-Lingual Classrooms
The district's Administration Building auditorium is at 1031 Elm Street.