MONTROSE, N.Y. -- The Hendrick Hudson School District will hold a major fundraiser for extracurricular events Saturday.
The Health on the Hudson 5K run/walk will start at 9 a.m. sharp at Hendrick Hudson High School at 2166 Albany Post Road.
There will also be a health expo from 9 a.m. to noon on the school grounds that will feature yoga, weight training and tennis programs, among others.
The event is being sponsored by the Hendrick Hudson Community Education Foundation, and will go towards funding extracurricular events such as a new mountain biking club, said Superintendent of Schools Brian Monahan.
"It funds things that in this day and age we're not going to ask the taxpayer to fund," Monahan said.
Saturday's festivities include the following events:
- 9 a.m. Kids’ One Mile Fun Run: The race will be run on the Hendrick Hudson High School track with medals awarded to all participants
- 9:30 a.m. 5K Race/Walk: The course will run down Kings Ferry Road and through historic Verplanck, voted ‘Best Place to Live for River Views by Westchester Magazine, and end on the high school track. The race will be professionally timed by ARE Event Productions.
- 9:30 a.m. Supervised exercise: Classes for kids under 12 whose parents are running or walking
- 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. Free Health Expo: Events will include sample exercise classes for adults and youth; healthy food/cooking demos, sampling and sales including “Vote for Your Favorite New School Lunch Menu Item”; Healthy product demos and sales and weight room demos for kids
- 10–10:45 a.m. Free Adaptive Special Needs Tennis Clinic: All tennis activities will be held at the Lake St. tennis courts across Route 9A from the high school.
- 11 a.m. –12 p.m. Tennis Round Robin: Players will compete against the the High School Varsity Tennis Team.
- Registration for the 5k Race/Walk is $30 for adults and $20 for students and seniors. Registration for the Kids’ 1-mile Fun Run is $5.
- 1 State Police Warn Peekskill Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Peekskill Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 Peekskill Girls Hold Off Rye, Head For Third Straight Sectional Final