PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Planning Commission Chair Dwight Douglas resigned Wednesday night in response the Common Council’s decision to challenge the commission’s approval of a methadone clinic at 3 Corporate Drive.
“My decision is made in response to the Council’s ill-advised and misdirected action [Tuesday] in authorizing the filing of an Article 78 seeking to overturn the site plan approval granted by the Planning Commission for the occupancy of a property located at 3 Corporate Drive by the Renaissance Project,” he wrote in a resignation letter to Mayor Mary Foster and the Common Council.
Douglas said his decision to resign was based solely on his own thoughts and objections to the Common Council’s decision.
“My decision is in no way intended to reflect the views of the other Commission members,” he wrote. “The Commission as presently constituted consists of a highly qualified and capable membership well able to carry on without me and make up their own minds as to their willingness to continue to serve the City in this important and seemingly unappreciated role.”
- 1 Two Peekskill Men Charged After Alleged Gang Assault In Yorktown
- 2 Four From Westchester Indicted In Metro-North Cheating Ring
- 3 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 4 Peekskill Native George Pataki Trades Heated Barbs With Donald Trump
- 5 New Facebook Scam Could Cost You