PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Planning Commission Chair Dwight Douglas resigned Wednesday night in response the Common Council’s decision to challenge the commission’s approval of a methadone clinic at 3 Corporate Drive.
“My decision is made in response to the Council’s ill-advised and misdirected action [Tuesday] in authorizing the filing of an Article 78 seeking to overturn the site plan approval granted by the Planning Commission for the occupancy of a property located at 3 Corporate Drive by the Renaissance Project,” he wrote in a resignation letter to Mayor Mary Foster and the Common Council.
Douglas said his decision to resign was based solely on his own thoughts and objections to the Common Council’s decision.
“My decision is in no way intended to reflect the views of the other Commission members,” he wrote. “The Commission as presently constituted consists of a highly qualified and capable membership well able to carry on without me and make up their own minds as to their willingness to continue to serve the City in this important and seemingly unappreciated role.”
- 1 Peekskill's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 'Light The Night Walk' Team Participates In Memory Of Peekskill Man
- 3 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 4 Letter: Peekskill Must Eliminate Longevity Bonuses
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home