WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The New York Times editorial board announced it would not endorse Gov. Andrew Cuomo, or any Democrat for that matter, in the primary on Sept. 9.
The Times, which was the first to report on Cuomo's interference with the Moreland Commission on public corruption, said that it will not endorse Cuomo because he has failed to clean up Albany, which was his top priority when he first ran for governor four years ago.
The Times also said it won't endorse Cuomo's challenger Zephyr Teachout. The Times said that despite Teachout's strong background in political corruption, she lacks the proper interests and experience to effectively oversee the Empire State.
- 1 Baltimore Riots Hit Close To Home For Chappaqua Mom Dawn Dankner-Rosen
- 2 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 3 Philipstown Man Stabs Neighbor In Chest After Noise Dispute, Sheriff Says
- 4 Firefighters Battle Large Brush Fire At Croton Point Park
- 5 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner