WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The New York Times editorial board announced it would not endorse Gov. Andrew Cuomo, or any Democrat for that matter, in the primary on Sept. 9.
The Times, which was the first to report on Cuomo's interference with the Moreland Commission on public corruption, said that it will not endorse Cuomo because he has failed to clean up Albany, which was his top priority when he first ran for governor four years ago.
The Times also said it won't endorse Cuomo's challenger Zephyr Teachout. The Times said that despite Teachout's strong background in political corruption, she lacks the proper interests and experience to effectively oversee the Empire State.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Peekskill, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Peekskill; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Peekskill
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road