PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Local activist and cable television host George Ondek announced he will run for one of the two vacant seats on the Peekskill Board of Election in May, according to theexaminernews.com.
Ondek unsuccessfully ran for mayor of Peekskill 20 years ago and vowed never to seek public office again after being defeated. He had a change of heart after growing dissatisfied with the actions taken by the board in recent years, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Peekskill, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Peekskill; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Peekskill Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 4 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 5 Peekskill Man Charged With Felony, Aggravated DWI In Cortlandt