PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Local activist and cable television host George Ondek announced he will run for one of the two vacant seats on the Peekskill Board of Election in May, according to theexaminernews.com.
Ondek unsuccessfully ran for mayor of Peekskill 20 years ago and vowed never to seek public office again after being defeated. He had a change of heart after growing dissatisfied with the actions taken by the board in recent years, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Peekskill's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 'Light The Night Walk' Team Participates In Memory Of Peekskill Man
- 3 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Peekskill Residents
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home