PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Local activist and cable television host George Ondek announced he will run for one of the two vacant seats on the Peekskill Board of Election in May, according to theexaminernews.com.
Ondek unsuccessfully ran for mayor of Peekskill 20 years ago and vowed never to seek public office again after being defeated. He had a change of heart after growing dissatisfied with the actions taken by the board in recent years, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Peekskill Mayor Drops Attempt To Oust City Manager
- 2 Two Women, Man Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 4 Suspect Charged In Peekskill 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery
- 5 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say