JEFFERSON VALLEY, N.Y. — Yorktown police suspect foul play in the disappearance of Peekskill resident Robert Jeter, who disappeared between 2 and 3 p.m. Wednesday at the Jefferson Valley Mall.
According to police, Jeter was at the mall when he called his sister and said he was being followed by two people in the parking lot. The sister told police that Jeter had been receiving threatening text messages for about a week leading up to his disappearance.
When police arrived at the scene, Jeter's car was found unoccupied and parked in a truck loading dock. The location and condition of the vehicle have led police to believe that foul play was involved.
The Yorktown Police Department is asking for anyone who was in the Jefferson Valley Mall parking lot (Route 6 side) between 2 and 3 p.m. that may have seen something or has infomation on Jeter's whereabouts to call the department at (914) 962-4141.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 3 Yorktown Police Charge Peekskill Woman With Driving While Ability Impaired
- 4 Peekskill Resident Face Underage Alcohol Sale Charge
- 5 Cortlandt Man Charged With Threatening Group With A Knife