YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. -- New York State Police reported the arrest of Vincent Menniti of Yorktown Heights at 2:41 a.m. Sunday, March 30 and charged him with driving while intoxicated and two other charges.
State Troopers from Hawthorne arrested Menniti and charged him with falsifying business records and falsely reporting an incident subsequent to a property damage auto accident that occurred southbound on the Taconic State Parkway in the Town of Yorktown, the police report said.
Menniti is charged with falsely reporting that another person had driven his Mercedes Benz and left the scene of the accident, as well as completing an accident report that led troopers to investigate the accusations, giving troopers the supposed driver's name, address and telephone number.
After troopers further investigated the allegations and spoke with the accused driver, it was then confirmed that Menniti was in fact the driver. Menniti refused to provide a breath sample and was issued appearance tickets for Town of Yorktown Court, returnable on April 10, 2014 at 9:30 a.m.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Peekskill
- 4 Former Peekskill Resident Honored By Bill Belichick Foundation
- 5 The Grinch Makes An Appearance At Decorated Peekskill Home