PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – UPDATED 4 P.M. A hydraulic fluid leak on Tuesday afternoon has caused police to close a portion of Welcher Avenue in Peekskill from Route 9 to South Street, Chief of Police Eric Johansen said.
A construction vehicle has leaked a substantial amount of hydraulic fluid at the location, police said.
The City of Peekskill police, fire departments, department of public works, Westchester County police, New York state police and New York Department of Environmental Conservation are on the scene, police said.
A private contractor will be brought in at the expense of the owner of the involved vehicle. Investigation is ongoing and it is unknown at this time if summonses will be issued.
The roadway is expected to be closed for several hours.
Check back with The Daily Voice for further updates.
- 1 Man, 24, In Custody After Shooting Injures Two In Peekskill
- 2 Peekskill Named One Of State's 10 Most Fiscally Stressed School Districts
- 3 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Peekskill; 6-12 Inches Of Snow Likely
- 4 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 5 Snow Could Affect Friday Morning Commute In Peekskill