PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – UPDATED 4 P.M. A hydraulic fluid leak on Tuesday afternoon has caused police to close a portion of Welcher Avenue in Peekskill from Route 9 to South Street, Chief of Police Eric Johansen said.
A construction vehicle has leaked a substantial amount of hydraulic fluid at the location, police said.
The City of Peekskill police, fire departments, department of public works, Westchester County police, New York state police and New York Department of Environmental Conservation are on the scene, police said.
A private contractor will be brought in at the expense of the owner of the involved vehicle. Investigation is ongoing and it is unknown at this time if summonses will be issued.
The roadway is expected to be closed for several hours.
Check back with The Daily Voice for further updates.
- 1 Emergency Responders Rescue Injured Hiker Near Bear Mountain Bridge
- 2 Cortlandt Police Charge Suspect In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 3 Donald Foster, 68, Business Owner, Husband Of Former Peekskill Mayor
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Peekskill Marks July 4 With Parade