PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – A second suspect has been arrested in the December robbery of a Peekskill resident.
Jose Rios, 44, of Newburgh was arrested at 11:45 a.m. Jan. 15 and charged with first-degree robbery, a class B felony. Peekskill detectives arrested Rios as a second suspect in a Dec. 12 robbery that occurred at a residence on Highland Avenue.
Rios’ co-defendant, a 43-year-old Newburgh woman, was arrested in December. Rios and the woman are accused of robbing their victim at knifepoint. Both defendants are charged with first-degree robbery. Rios was held for arraignment.
The following item also was reported by Peekskill police:
Aggravated DWI: Jose Yunga, 34, of Ossining was arrested at 12:20 a.m. Sunday, Jan. 20, and charged with aggravated driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor. A witness reported the erratic driving of a black Jeep Grand Cherokee heading northbound on Washington Street, police said. Responding officers saw the erratic driving and stopped the vehicle at Washington and South streets, police said. The driver, Yunga, was found to have a blood alcohol concentration of more than 0.18 percent, police said. He was held for arraignment.
- 1 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 2 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings
- 3 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 4 24 Hospitalized After Chlorine Spill At Peekskill Middle School
- 5 Peekskill Parks And Rec Worker Rescues Girl On Icy Lake