PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- A Peekskill woman was injured in a fire Tuesday afternoon at a two-and-a-half story duplex on Washington Street, fire officials said.
The injured woman, who was on the second floor of the multifamily home, was transported to Westchester Medical Center with what were believed to be non-life-threatening injuries, said Peekskill Fire Chief Robert Fiorio. At least two other residents were inside at the time of the fire, but no other injuries were reported, Fiorio said.
The fire started just before noon Tuesday, and it took about 30 minutes for firefighters to get the blaze fully under control, Fiorio said.
"It was deemed accidental in nature, but we believe that it started on the second floor," he said. "It's under investigation by Westchester County Cause and Origin."
Peekskill had about 25 volunteer firefighters on the scene. Lake Mohegan and Montrose Fire Departments were on standby. The Croton FAST team was also at the scene.
- 1 Two Peekskill Men Charged After Alleged Gang Assault In Yorktown
- 2 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 3 Peekskill Native George Pataki Trades Heated Barbs With Donald Trump
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Peekskill Celebrates July 4 With Picnics, Pyrotechnics