OSSINING, N.Y. -- Police and firefighters were busy Thursday afternoon securing a shaky church steeple at First Baptist Church on 1 Church Street.
Police closed off Church Street from Spring Street to South Highland Ave as firefighters responded to the scene.
According to the building department, the fire department was called in after debris was seen falling off the steeple. The building department said once the steeple is secured, a structural engineer will be called in to ensure everything is safe and is no longer a hazard.
Carina Salvador saw the steeple begin to shake.
"It was dangerous," Salvador said. "If it wasn't for the firefighters, it would've tipped over. It's not safe, it's an unfortunate situation. I hope they take care of it."
- 1 Peekskill's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 'Light The Night Walk' Team Participates In Memory Of Peekskill Man
- 3 Letter: Peekskill Must Eliminate Longevity Bonuses
- 4 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home