OSSINING, N.Y. -- Police and firefighters were busy Thursday afternoon securing a shaky church steeple at First Baptist Church on 1 Church Street.
Police closed off Church Street from Spring Street to South Highland Ave as firefighters responded to the scene.
According to the building department, the fire department was called in after debris was seen falling off the steeple. The building department said once the steeple is secured, a structural engineer will be called in to ensure everything is safe and is no longer a hazard.
Carina Salvador saw the steeple begin to shake.
"It was dangerous," Salvador said. "If it wasn't for the firefighters, it would've tipped over. It's not safe, it's an unfortunate situation. I hope they take care of it."
- 1 Hudson Valley Expo Returns To Peekskill For First Time In 70 Years
- 2 Police Officer From Mohegan Lake Sues Shoe Manufacturer After Injury
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 Man Charged With DWI After Head-On Collision On Bear Mountain Bridge Road
- 5 Peekskill Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night