CORTLANDT, N.Y. – An Indian Point maintenance supervisor has been charged with stealing more than $50,000 in copper cable and scrap metal from the power plant.
Theodore Kozelka, 33, of Tarrytown, was charged with second-degree grand larceny, said the New York State Police in Cortlandt.
Kozelka’s arrest was the result of an investigation following a report earlier this week about the theft of some scrap metal and equipment from the Indian Point Energy Center in Buchanan. These items were believed to have been stolen between July and December.
Kozelka was arraigned in the Village of Buchanan and sent to the Westchester County Jail, He was released after posting $1,000 bail. He is scheduled to be in court again Jan. 29.
The investigation is ongoing, police said.
- 1 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 2 American Legion To Host June 6 Run/Walk For Heroes In Peekskill
- 3 Man Is Charged With Shooting Arrows At Mohegan Lake Adult Home Employee
- 4 State Police Issue 30 Tickets In Route 9 Speed Detail
- 5 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth In Westchester Bust