PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – A Cortlandt Manor man was charged with cocaine possession following a traffic stop Thursday.
Brian Padilla, 42, was arrested at 6:55 p.m. Jan. 10 and charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance (cocaine), a class D felony, in the 600 block of Washington Street by Police Officer Matt Basso, according to Peekskill Police.
Police made a traffic stop for a violation and, while Padilla was producing the required vehicle documentation, police observed a bag containing what appeared to be cocaine on the floor of the vehicle, police said. Padilla was held for arraignment.
Other arrests reported for the past week:
- Shaymar Stewart, 20, of Cortlandt Manor, was arrested Jan. 14 at 10:13 p.m. and charged with driving while intoxicated, a misdemeanor, and aggravated unlicensed operation of motor vehicle, a class E felony, in the 1700 block of Crompond Road by police officer Officers Jack Galusha. Police responded to a report of a two-car accident and found a Ford Explorer flipped on its passenger side. The driver of the Explorer, Stewart, had lost control, striking a Dodge Neon. Stewart was under the influence of an alcoholic, according to police, and it as discovered his license had been revoked for a prior DWI conviction. He was held for arraignment.
- Two Peekskill men were arrested at 6:31 a.m. Jan. 12 in the 1000 block of Main Street. Levon Hamilton, 50, was charged with petit larceny and Kristopher Busch, 35, was charged with fifth-degree possession of stolen property, both misdemeanors. Officers responded to a report of shoplifting from the Rite Aid pharmacy and, based on descriptions from witnesses, found Hamilton and Busch a short distance from the store, and found Busch to be in possession of the stolen merchandise, police said. Hamilton was charged with petit larceny and Busch with possession of stolen property. Both were held for arraignment.
- 1 Peekskill Mayor Drops Attempt To Oust City Manager
- 2 Two Women, Man Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 3 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 4 Suspect Charged In Peekskill 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery
- 5 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say