PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – A driver stopped her car in the middle of North Division Street in the early hours of New Year’s Day, blocking traffic until the Peekskill Police were summoned, police said.
Officer Michael Lawrence identified the driver as Suzanne Welch, 50, of Croton-on-Hudson and conducted some field sobriety tests, police said.
Welch was taken to Cortlandt State Police Barracks, where police said her blood alcohol level was tested and proved to be above the legal limit of 0.08 percent BAC. She was processed for DWI, released, and ordered to return to Peekskill City Court on a date in the near future.
The Peekskill Police also reported the following incident:
On the afternoon of Dec. 31, a witness reported seeing a man taking copper piping from a business location on Washington Street. Officers Kolesar and Carter spoke to a contact, who confirmed the possible identity of the thief.
The following morning, Peekskill resident Greg Fleming, 37, turned himself in at police headquarters. Fleming was charged with petit larceny and released with a return date in the Peekskill City Court. The copper was estimated to be worth about $200.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Woman In Critical Condition After I-84 Crash
- 3 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Montrose, Verplanck Affected By Water Main Break