CORTLANDT, N.Y. -- New York State Police arrested a landlord after he allegedly served eviction notices that had a forged signature of a Cortlandt Town Court judge, police officials said.
Joseph Bene, 66, of Mahopac, attempted to obtain legal eviction notices through the court, but Justice Daniel F. McCarthy denied the request because Bene failed to follow proper procedure, according to State Police.
Bene was accused of forging a document with McCarthy's signature and served it to the tenant, who brought the document to court to verify it's authenticity, police said.
Bene is scheduled to appear in Town of Carmel Justice Court on Tuesday Jan. 28. The case was moved due to conflict of interest, according to State Police.
- 1 Man, 22, Charged In Tire-Slashing Incidents In Peekskill
- 2 Route 6 Stretch Reopens After Accident Involving Tractor Trailer
- 3 Valentine Grocery In Peekskill Fined For Alcohol Sale To A Minor
- 4 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 5 Hudson Valley Gateway Hosts Annual Expo In Peekskill