PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Beer stolen by a Peekskill man was then purchased by a city grocery store employee for resale, according to Peekskill police.
Robert Patterson, 36, of Peekskill, was charged with three counts of petit larceny from incidents dating from Jan. 4 to Jan. 26, police said.
Patterson is accused of stealing cases of beer, on three separate dates, from the Stop & Shop supermarket in the Beach Shopping Center. He remains in Westchester County Jail on six counts of petit larceny.
Officers said they responded to the Stop & Shop on Jan. 27 after a report of the theft of eight cases of beer. A taxi was stopped exiting the parking lot, and Patterson was arrested without incident, police said. The stolen beer was recovered in the taxi, according to police.
Patterson was also charged in two prior thefts of cases of beer this month, one from the same Stop & Shop and another at the Peekskill CVS, police said.
Also, Salah Saleh, 34, of Peekskill, was arrested Feb. 1 and charged with unauthorized purchase of alcoholic beverages, a misdemeanor.
He is accused of purchasing cases of beer from Patterson on Jan. 13 and placing the beer into store stock at the Cash and Carry Grocery Store at 501 Highland Ave. for resale.
That alleged action is a violation of New York State ABC laws restricting licensed establishments to only purchase alcoholic beverages from duly licensed businesses.
The business was also issued a summons for the same offense. Saleh was released on his own recognizance and will appear in city court at a later date.
Also reported by Peekskill police:
- Levar Allen, 33, of Peekskill, was arrested Feb. 1 at 7:55 p.m. and charged with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor, on the 700 block of Hudson Avenue by Police Officer Jack Galusha. Police said a car was stopped for a traffic violation and Allen, a passenger in the vehicle, became restless; an investigation revealed Allen was in possession of cocaine, police said. Allen was arrested without incident and charged.
- 1 State Police Warn Peekskill Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 4 Peekskill Girls Hold Off Rye, Head For Third Straight Sectional Final
- 5 Peekskill Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday