PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – A motorcyclist was transported to Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla following a crash in the city about 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
The male motorcyclist, whose identity was not released, hit a parked truck on Park Street near Rev. Wiggins Boulevard, Peekskill police said.
"The injuries do not appear to be life-threatening," said Peekskill Sgt. Ray Henderlong, a police spokesman. "He's being taken to Valhalla just to be on the safe side. Anytime there's a motorcycle accident, that's what they do."
Emergency responders were still at the scene as of 6:45 p.m. and were preparing to take the victim to the hospital. The road would not be closed for very long, Henderlong said.
- 1 Man, 24, In Custody After Shooting Injures Two In Peekskill
- 2 Peekskill Named One Of State's 10 Most Fiscally Stressed School Districts
- 3 Storm System Departs Peekskill, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 4 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 5 100-Year-Old Peekskill Resident Attends Hudson Valley Chamber Gala