PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – A motorcyclist was transported to Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla following a crash in the city about 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
The male motorcyclist, whose identity was not released, hit a parked truck on Park Street near Rev. Wiggins Boulevard, Peekskill police said.
"The injuries do not appear to be life-threatening," said Peekskill Sgt. Ray Henderlong, a police spokesman. "He's being taken to Valhalla just to be on the safe side. Anytime there's a motorcycle accident, that's what they do."
Emergency responders were still at the scene as of 6:45 p.m. and were preparing to take the victim to the hospital. The road would not be closed for very long, Henderlong said.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Peekskill Mayor Drops Attempt To Oust City Manager
- 3 Suspect Charged In Peekskill 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery
- 4 Man, Two Women Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes