PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – A motorcyclist was transported to Westchester Medical Center in Valhalla following a crash in the city about 6:30 p.m. Thursday.
The male motorcyclist, whose identity was not released, hit a parked truck on Park Street near Rev. Wiggins Boulevard, Peekskill police said.
"The injuries do not appear to be life-threatening," said Peekskill Sgt. Ray Henderlong, a police spokesman. "He's being taken to Valhalla just to be on the safe side. Anytime there's a motorcycle accident, that's what they do."
Emergency responders were still at the scene as of 6:45 p.m. and were preparing to take the victim to the hospital. The road would not be closed for very long, Henderlong said.
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Peekskill Skies Sunday
- 2 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 3 Peekskill Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Peekskill Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend