PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – The Peekskill Daily Voice accepts original, signed letters to the editor. Letters may be emailed to email@example.com.
Editors's note: this letter is in response to a statement released by the Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber of Commerce on Wednesday to its membership, expressing disappointment that it would not be involved in the reopening of the Paramount Theater.
Letter to the Editor:
The Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber of Commerce is an important voice for area business and we deeply respect and appreciate the work it does.
In this particular instance, Mayor Mary Foster and Common Council members felt the chamber’s close ties to the Paramount’s former operator might compromise their ability to bring a fresh approach to the project. Once the new operator is named, the city looks forward to collaborating with the chamber and other groups to further Peekskill’s economic growth.
The city received proposals from three parties interested in the Paramount Theater and will begin the review process shortly.” The deadline to submit proposals was at 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Spokesman, The City of Peekskill
- 1 Peekskill's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 'Light The Night Walk' Team Participates In Memory Of Peekskill Man
- 3 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 4 Letter: Peekskill Must Eliminate Longevity Bonuses
- 5 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Peekskill Residents