PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – The Peekskill Daily Voice accepts original, signed letters to the editor. Letters may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Editors's note: this letter is in response to a statement released by the Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber of Commerce on Wednesday to its membership, expressing disappointment that it would not be involved in the reopening of the Paramount Theater.
Letter to the Editor:
The Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber of Commerce is an important voice for area business and we deeply respect and appreciate the work it does.
In this particular instance, Mayor Mary Foster and Common Council members felt the chamber’s close ties to the Paramount’s former operator might compromise their ability to bring a fresh approach to the project. Once the new operator is named, the city looks forward to collaborating with the chamber and other groups to further Peekskill’s economic growth.
The city received proposals from three parties interested in the Paramount Theater and will begin the review process shortly.” The deadline to submit proposals was at 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Spokesman, The City of Peekskill
- 1 Peekskill Democrats Pick Candidates For November Election
- 2 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth In Westchester Bust
- 3 Body Found In Hudson River Could Be Missing Kayaker In Murder Case
- 4 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 5 American Legion To Host June 6 Run/Walk For Heroes In Peekskill