PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – The Peekskill Daily Voice accepts original, signed letters to the editor. Letters may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no doubt that Eric Johansen should be the next chief of police in Peekskill.
He has demonstrated that he has a willingness to listen to what people have to say. He has demonstrated his availability to the people and willingness to listen. "Listen" is the key word. We need a chief who will listen to the people.
This was a trait that Chief Tumolo had that made him such an outstanding chief. People need a chief that can not only be firm but also understanding to their concerns and needs.
Eric was also chosen by the outgoing chief of police, and who would know better who is suited for that position than him. There cannot and should not be any other person for the job.
Please stop the nonsense and appoint Eric Johansen to the Chief of Police position that he so rightfully deserves.
- 1 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 2 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings
- 3 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 4 24 Hospitalized After Chlorine Spill At Peekskill Middle School
- 5 Peekskill Parks And Rec Worker Rescues Girl On Icy Lake