PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – The Peekskill Daily Voice accepts original, signed letters to the editor. Letters may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To the Peekskill Common Council:
Please accept this letter in support of Lt. Eric Johansen’s appointment as the permanent police chief in the City of Peekskill.
As a reporter who formerly covered Peekskill for the North County News, I worked with Lt. Johansen on a regular basis while reporting on stories for the newspaper. I observed his exemplary professional conduct and dedication to serving the citizens of Peekskill on a regular basis.
I believe that Lt. Johansen has proved his devotion to this community over his 19 years of outstanding service. His skills as an investigator have been proved through several major cases resolved during his tenure. His service under longtime former Police Chief Gene Tumolo helped prepare him for this challenging assignment that an outside hire could not bring to the city.
As a third-generation Peekskill resident, I know the importance of having a successful police chief here. This is not the time to experiment: Peekskill needs to build on its current effective police force which Gene and Eric have built, and not turn to an outsider who doesn’t know this unique community.
- 1 Police Investigating After Man's Body Is Found In Peekskill Creek
- 2 Peekskill Restaurant Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 3 Two Charged With Stealing Power Tools At Cortlandt Home Depot
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Man In Yorktown
- 5 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show