PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – The Peekskill Daily Voice accepts original, signed letters to the editor. Letters may be emailed to email@example.com.
To the Peekskill Common Council:
Please accept this letter in support of Lt. Eric Johansen’s appointment as the permanent police chief in the City of Peekskill.
As a reporter who formerly covered Peekskill for the North County News, I worked with Lt. Johansen on a regular basis while reporting on stories for the newspaper. I observed his exemplary professional conduct and dedication to serving the citizens of Peekskill on a regular basis.
I believe that Lt. Johansen has proved his devotion to this community over his 19 years of outstanding service. His skills as an investigator have been proved through several major cases resolved during his tenure. His service under longtime former Police Chief Gene Tumolo helped prepare him for this challenging assignment that an outside hire could not bring to the city.
As a third-generation Peekskill resident, I know the importance of having a successful police chief here. This is not the time to experiment: Peekskill needs to build on its current effective police force which Gene and Eric have built, and not turn to an outsider who doesn’t know this unique community.
- 1 Man, 24, In Custody After Shooting Injures Two In Peekskill
- 2 Peekskill Named One Of State's 10 Most Fiscally Stressed School Districts
- 3 Westchester High Schools Rank High Among New York's Best
- 4 100-Year-Old Peekskill Resident Attends Hudson Valley Chamber Gala
- 5 Snow Likely Overnight Thursday In Peekskill