MONTROSE, N.Y. – Vincent Boddie of Montrose died Dec. 19. He was 51.
Born June 6, 1961, in Peekskill, he was the son of Anna Mae and Vincent Boddie. He was married to Betty Lane Boddie, who survives him.
He served in the military as a Marine and military police officer for 23 years. Boddie was awarded the Bronze Star Medal with Combat Distinguishing Device in 1991.
Boddie is survived by a son, Johnny (Amy) Rivera; four siblings, Al (Lil), of Montrose, Ed "Skip" (Barbara), of Pennsylvania, Anne Michelle, of Massachusetts, and George (Sue), of New Hampshire; a brother-in-law, Mike, of Verplanck; two grandchildren and many nieces and nephews.
Visitation is from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Cortlandt Funeral Home in Verplanck. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Thursday at Annsville Baptist Church in Peekskill. A celebration of Boddie's life will follow at Mount Carmel Society in Verplanck.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to Veterans Administration Volunteer Services (VAVS), P.O. Box 100, Montrose, NY 10548.
- 1 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 2 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings
- 3 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 4 24 Hospitalized After Chlorine Spill At Peekskill Middle School
- 5 Rye High School Graduate Found Dead In College Dorm Room, Reports Say