MONTROSE, N.Y. – Vincent Boddie of Montrose died Dec. 19. He was 51.
Born June 6, 1961, in Peekskill, he was the son of Anna Mae and Vincent Boddie. He was married to Betty Lane Boddie, who survives him.
He served in the military as a Marine and military police officer for 23 years. Boddie was awarded the Bronze Star Medal with Combat Distinguishing Device in 1991.
Boddie is survived by a son, Johnny (Amy) Rivera; four siblings, Al (Lil), of Montrose, Ed "Skip" (Barbara), of Pennsylvania, Anne Michelle, of Massachusetts, and George (Sue), of New Hampshire; a brother-in-law, Mike, of Verplanck; two grandchildren and many nieces and nephews.
Visitation is from 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at Cortlandt Funeral Home in Verplanck. A funeral Mass will be celebrated at 11 a.m. Thursday at Annsville Baptist Church in Peekskill. A celebration of Boddie's life will follow at Mount Carmel Society in Verplanck.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to Veterans Administration Volunteer Services (VAVS), P.O. Box 100, Montrose, NY 10548.
- 1 Peekskill Man, 24, Charged In Stabbing At Putnam Restaurant
- 2 Fiancee Pulled Paddle Away As Hudson River Victim Flailed, Prosecutors Say
- 3 Peekskill Native George Pataki To Enter Presidential Race In New Hampshire
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says