PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Patrick Desy Mitchell of Peekskill died Jan. 7. He was 81.
Born Aug. 10, 1931, in County Monaghan, Ireland, Mitchell served in the Air Force for eight years. He settled in Bronx, N.Y., and later lived in Cortlandt Manor and Peekskill for more than 30 years.
Mitchell retired as a bus driver from the Croton Harmon School District. He was married to Betty Mitchell, who survived him.
He is survived by three children, John (Joyce), Frank (Sharon) and Liz (Al) Marques; six grandchildren and a great-grandchild.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Cortlandt Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at Assumption Church in Peekskill. Burial will follow at Assumption Cemetery in Cortlandt Manor.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 4 Service Dog Stolen From Car In Cortlandt Town Center
- 5 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd