PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Patrick Desy Mitchell of Peekskill died Jan. 7. He was 81.
Born Aug. 10, 1931, in County Monaghan, Ireland, Mitchell served in the Air Force for eight years. He settled in Bronx, N.Y., and later lived in Cortlandt Manor and Peekskill for more than 30 years.
Mitchell retired as a bus driver from the Croton Harmon School District. He was married to Betty Mitchell, who survived him.
He is survived by three children, John (Joyce), Frank (Sharon) and Liz (Al) Marques; six grandchildren and a great-grandchild.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Cortlandt Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at Assumption Church in Peekskill. Burial will follow at Assumption Cemetery in Cortlandt Manor.
- 1 Peekskill Man, 24, Charged In Stabbing At Putnam Restaurant
- 2 Fiancee Pulled Paddle Away As Hudson River Victim Flailed, Prosecutors Say
- 3 Peekskill Native George Pataki To Enter Presidential Race In New Hampshire
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says