PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Patrick Desy Mitchell of Peekskill died Jan. 7. He was 81.
Born Aug. 10, 1931, in County Monaghan, Ireland, Mitchell served in the Air Force for eight years. He settled in Bronx, N.Y., and later lived in Cortlandt Manor and Peekskill for more than 30 years.
Mitchell retired as a bus driver from the Croton Harmon School District. He was married to Betty Mitchell, who survived him.
He is survived by three children, John (Joyce), Frank (Sharon) and Liz (Al) Marques; six grandchildren and a great-grandchild.
Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Friday at Cortlandt Funeral Home. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday at Assumption Church in Peekskill. Burial will follow at Assumption Cemetery in Cortlandt Manor.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Peekskill Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Peekskill
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Peekskill Tuesday