PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Mary Susan Cioffi, a long-time resident of Peekskill, died March 30. She was 96.
Cioffi was born May 14, 1917, in Mt. Pleasant, to Frank and Catherine Black Zaccari. She worked as an assembler at Grossman's in Peekskill until retiring in 1979. She was a member of the Catholic Daughters and a volunteer for foster grandparents at the Oakside School for over 25 years. She was married to Giuseppe Cioffi.
Cioffi is survived by her daughter, Cathleen DeCrenza (Peter) of Peekskill; daughter-in-law, Barbara Cioffi of Martinez, Ga.; five grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; a great-great-granddaughter. She was predeceased by her daughter, Margaret Jacobs (Albert); son, Joseph Cioffi; and grandson, Albert Peter DeCrenza, Jr.
Calling hours are Wednesday, April 2 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home, Peekskill. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 3 at the Assumption Church. Interment will follow at Assumption Cemetery.
- 1 Lockout Lifted At Peekskill Schools After Shooting Reported In Area
- 2 Suspect In Custody In One Of Two Peekskill Shootings
- 3 Car Goes Over Guardrail, Down Embank In Cortlandt
- 4 24 Hospitalized After Chlorine Spill At Peekskill Middle School
- 5 Peekskill Parks And Rec Worker Rescues Girl On Icy Lake