PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Mary Susan Cioffi, a long-time resident of Peekskill, died March 30. She was 96.
Cioffi was born May 14, 1917, in Mt. Pleasant, to Frank and Catherine Black Zaccari. She worked as an assembler at Grossman's in Peekskill until retiring in 1979. She was a member of the Catholic Daughters and a volunteer for foster grandparents at the Oakside School for over 25 years. She was married to Giuseppe Cioffi.
Cioffi is survived by her daughter, Cathleen DeCrenza (Peter) of Peekskill; daughter-in-law, Barbara Cioffi of Martinez, Ga.; five grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; a great-great-granddaughter. She was predeceased by her daughter, Margaret Jacobs (Albert); son, Joseph Cioffi; and grandson, Albert Peter DeCrenza, Jr.
Calling hours are Wednesday, April 2 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home, Peekskill. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 3 at the Assumption Church. Interment will follow at Assumption Cemetery.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Peekskill Mayor Drops Attempt To Oust City Manager
- 3 Suspect Charged In Peekskill 'Bicycle Bandit' Robbery
- 4 Man, Two Women Charged In Jefferson Valley Mall Parking Lot Heroin Bust
- 5 New York Archdiocese Likely To Merge More Parishes