PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Mary Susan Cioffi, a long-time resident of Peekskill, died March 30. She was 96.
Cioffi was born May 14, 1917, in Mt. Pleasant, to Frank and Catherine Black Zaccari. She worked as an assembler at Grossman's in Peekskill until retiring in 1979. She was a member of the Catholic Daughters and a volunteer for foster grandparents at the Oakside School for over 25 years. She was married to Giuseppe Cioffi.
Cioffi is survived by her daughter, Cathleen DeCrenza (Peter) of Peekskill; daughter-in-law, Barbara Cioffi of Martinez, Ga.; five grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; a great-great-granddaughter. She was predeceased by her daughter, Margaret Jacobs (Albert); son, Joseph Cioffi; and grandson, Albert Peter DeCrenza, Jr.
Calling hours are Wednesday, April 2 from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home, Peekskill. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 3 at the Assumption Church. Interment will follow at Assumption Cemetery.
- 1 Emergency Responders Rescue Injured Hiker Near Bear Mountain Bridge
- 2 Cortlandt Police Charge Suspect In Fraud Case After Facebook Tip
- 3 Donald Foster, 68, Business Owner, Husband Of Former Peekskill Mayor
- 4 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 5 Peekskill Marks July 4 With Parade