PEEKSKILL N.Y. – Marion Jean Jones, a former Peekskill resident, died Dec. 22. She was 87.
Born Sept. 11, 1925, in Winona, W.V., Jones was the youngest of 13 children. She lived most of her adult life in Peekskill, where she was a former member of Mount Olivet Baptist Church.
Jones was a childcare worker at Wiltwyck School in Yorktown Heights. She was most recently a resident of Niskayuna, N.Y.
She is survived by a sister, Elsie Hopkins; a son, Charles (Suzanne) Jones Jr.; a daughter, Diana Jones (Larry) Ritter; six grandchildren and a great-grandchild. She is also survived by five sisters-in-law; many nieces and nephews; and an "adopted son," William Wade. Jones was predeceased by her husband, Charles Edward Jones, on Nov. 26, 1982; a daughter, Jennie Ann Jones; a sister, Jessie Bolden; and 11 other siblings.
Visitation is from 11 a.m. to noon Friday at Park Street AME Zion Church in Peekskill. Funeral services will follow at Hillside Cemetery in Cortlandt Manor. E.O. Curry Funeral Home is handling arrangements.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to Community Hospice of Schenectady, 1411 Union St., Schenectady, NY 12308.
- 1 Man, 24, In Custody After Shooting Injures Two In Peekskill
- 2 Peekskill Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 3 Peekskill Named One Of State's 10 Most Fiscally Stressed School Districts
- 4 Storm System Departs Peekskill, Snow Could Return Thursday
- 5 Cuomo Implements Full Travel Ban, Declares State Of Emergency