PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Marilyn J. Dunleavy, a lifelong Peekskill resident, died Feb. 4. She was 80.
Dunleavy was born in Peekskill to William and Helen Demchar McKeon. She graduated from Peekskill High School in 1950. She married Newman E. Dunleavy on Dec. 5, 1959, at Assumption Church in Peekskill.
Dunleavy was a longtime employee of the New York Telephone Company, retiring in 1989.
She is survived by her husband; a daughter, Carolyn (Scott) Timcoe; a son, Edward N. Dunleavy; a sister, Barbara Hickey; and two grandchildren. She was predeceased by two brothers, William and Edward McKeon; and a sister, Dorothy Simon.
A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10:30 a.m. Friday at Assumption Church. Burial will follow at Assumption Cemetery in Cortlandt Manor. Visitation is from 2 to 4 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Thursday at Dorsey-Carlone Funeral Home in Peekskill.
- 1 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 2 Former Peekskill Girls Basketball Coach Let Go By College
- 3 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 4 Yorktown Police Charge Peekskill Woman With Driving While Ability Impaired
- 5 Peekskill Resident Face Underage Alcohol Sale Charge