PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - John H. Gantt, a resident of Peekskill since 1960, died March 8. He was 77.
Gantt served in the U.S. Army from 1958 to 1960. He worked as a custodian for 25 years in the Peekskill City School District retiring in 1998.
Gantt is survived by his wife, Martha (Poole) Gantt; sons, Michael and Maurice Gantt; sister, Sarah Warren; four grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
Calling hours are Thursday, March 13 from 7 to 9 p.m. at the Mt. Lebanon Baptist Church, 648 Harrison Ave., Peekskill, where a funeral service will be offered at 11a.m. Friday, March 14, followed by interment in Hillside Cemetery.
For more information, please visit: http://www.eocurryfuneralhome.com
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Peekskill
- 4 Former Peekskill Resident Honored By Bill Belichick Foundation
- 5 The Grinch Makes An Appearance At Decorated Peekskill Home