PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Joan "Joannie" Dabbs, 67, a lifelong Peekskill resident, died on Aug. 26, 2014.
Born on June 3, 1947 in Peekskill, she was the oldest of 16 children of James and Joan Sewalk.
She attended the Assumption School, graduated from Lady Cliff and attended The New York Foundling Nursing Program. After school, Joannie worked for Peekskill Hospital and then at Skyview Nursing Home. She then changed careers to work for Jasmine Caterers. In the mid 90's, Division Street Grill opened, and she continued to be a loyal employee.
Mrs. Dabbs is survived by her husband, Thomas Dabbs, daughters Melissa Dabbs and Cassandra (Clarence) Blalock; and two grandchildren. Mrs. Dabbs is also survived by her mother and 14 siblings, aunt and many cousins.
The family will receive friends on Saturday, Aug. 30 from 10 a.m. to noon at the E.O. Curry Funeral Home, Peekskill, where a service will begin at noon.
- 1 Hudson Valley Expo Returns To Peekskill For First Time In 70 Years
- 2 Peekskill Mayor Seeks Improvements At Train Station, Wants MTA Meeting
- 3 Daily Voice Leaders: Ken Martin, Mayoral Candidate, City Of Peekskill
- 4 Second Arrest Made In Animal Cruelty Case At Danbury Pet Store
- 5 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester