PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Joan "Joannie" Dabbs, 67, a lifelong Peekskill resident, died on Aug. 26, 2014.
Born on June 3, 1947 in Peekskill, she was the oldest of 16 children of James and Joan Sewalk.
She attended the Assumption School, graduated from Lady Cliff and attended The New York Foundling Nursing Program. After school, Joannie worked for Peekskill Hospital and then at Skyview Nursing Home. She then changed careers to work for Jasmine Caterers. In the mid 90's, Division Street Grill opened, and she continued to be a loyal employee.
Mrs. Dabbs is survived by her husband, Thomas Dabbs, daughters Melissa Dabbs and Cassandra (Clarence) Blalock; and two grandchildren. Mrs. Dabbs is also survived by her mother and 14 siblings, aunt and many cousins.
The family will receive friends on Saturday, Aug. 30 from 10 a.m. to noon at the E.O. Curry Funeral Home, Peekskill, where a service will begin at noon.
- 1 Peekskill's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 'Light The Night Walk' Team Participates In Memory Of Peekskill Man
- 3 Motorcyclist, 29, Killed In Taconic State Parkway Crash Is ID'd
- 4 NASA Rocket Launch May Be Visible To Peekskill Residents
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home