PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - James J. Hamilton Sr., a longtime resident of Peekskill, died Monday, Feb. 3. He was 91.
Hamilton was born Nov. 26, 1922, in Brooklyn, to John and Catherine (McKinstry). He worked for many years as an accountant for Standard Brands, both in Peekskill and then in New York City. He also worked for SCM Corporation and finished his career with Hanson Industries. After his retirement, he worked for some years at the Highland Golf Club in Garrison and he volunteered at Our Lady of the Assumption Church. He was a communicant of Our Lady of Assumption Catholic Church.
Hamilton is survived by his children, Francis (Christine), James, Michael (Sheila), Elizabeth, John (Sarah Merritt), Catherine (George Zubradt), Cecilia, Margaret (Mark Richard), Sarah, Christine (Christopher Hill), Charles (Susie) and Robert; 18 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents; wife, Elizabeth (Coons); and brothers, John (Jack), William and Charles.
Calling hours are Thursday, Feb. 6 from 4 to 8 p.m. at Dorsey-Carlone Funeral Home, 1100 Cortlandt St., Peekskill, and a Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday, Feb. 7 at the Assumption Church, with interment to follow at Assumption Cemetery, Cortlandt Manor.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Peekskill
- 3 The Grinch Makes An Appearance At Decorated Peekskill Home
- 4 Knife-Wielding Mohegan Lake Man Threatens Good Samaritan, Say Police
- 5 Former Peekskill Resident Honored By Bill Belichick Foundation