YORKTOWN HEIGHTS, N.Y. - Francis J. Scaramellino of Yorktown Heights, formerly of Peekskill, died March 8. He was 88.
Scaramellino was born Feb. 5, 1926, in Brooklyn, to Agnello and Rafaela Scaramellino. He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II. He volunteered for the Peekskill Fire Patrol for 56 years. He was a past member of the Elks Lodge 744 and the Christopher Columbus Society of Peekskill. He owned and operated "Sorrento's" Restaurant at the riverfront in Peekskill for many years.
Scaramellino is survived by four children, Lina Amisson of Hopewell Junction, Clara Scaramellino of Yorktown Heights, Linda (Raj) Kanojia of Cortlandt Manor and Francis (Patricia) Scaramellino of Fishkill; four grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; brothers, Michael Scaramellino of Granite Springs, Salvatore Scaramellino of Cortlandt Manor; and sister, Helen Christian of Granite Springs. He was predeceased by his wife, Lillian; brother, Anthony Scaramellino; and sister, Louise Emery.
Calling hours are Wednesday, March 12 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home, Peekskill. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Thursday, March 13 at the Assumption Church. Interment will follow at Assumption Cemetery.
- 1 Man Charged In Peekskill With Thefts From Porches
- 2 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 3 Erratic Driving Complaint Leads To Taconic State Parkway DWI Arrest
- 4 Thunderstorms Could Produce Gusty Winds, Hail In Peekskill
- 5 Taking Extra Vitamins Increases Cancer, Heart Disease Risk, Study Says