PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Ernest Henderson of Peekskill died Nov. 17. He was 79.
Born Oct. 30, 1933, in Mobile, Ala., he was the son of John and Clara Taylor Henderson. He served in the U.S. merchant marine for several years. Henderson loved to cook and travel and was an active volunteer with the Salvation Army food kitchen.
He is survived by three daughters, Doriada Henderson, Kim Powell and Kenya Holliman; a brother, John Henderson; a sister, Tina; six grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Funeral services are private. E.O. Curry Funeral Home in Peekskill is handling arrangements.
- 1 State Police Warn Peekskill Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 3 Peekskill Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 4 ESPN Writer's Son, 21, Missing At College In Upstate New York
- 5 Peekskill Girls Hold Off Rye, Head For Third Straight Sectional Final