PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Ernest Henderson of Peekskill died Nov. 17. He was 79.
Born Oct. 30, 1933, in Mobile, Ala., he was the son of John and Clara Taylor Henderson. He served in the U.S. merchant marine for several years. Henderson loved to cook and travel and was an active volunteer with the Salvation Army food kitchen.
He is survived by three daughters, Doriada Henderson, Kim Powell and Kenya Holliman; a brother, John Henderson; a sister, Tina; six grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Funeral services are private. E.O. Curry Funeral Home in Peekskill is handling arrangements.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Peekskill Mayor Seeks Improvements At Train Station, Wants MTA Meeting
- 3 Daily Voice Leaders: Ken Martin, Mayoral Candidate, City Of Peekskill
- 4 Ramp Closure, Heavy Delays On Taconic State Parkway
- 5 Hudson Valley Expo Returns To Peekskill For First Time In 70 Years