PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Ernest Henderson of Peekskill died Nov. 17. He was 79.
Born Oct. 30, 1933, in Mobile, Ala., he was the son of John and Clara Taylor Henderson. He served in the U.S. merchant marine for several years. Henderson loved to cook and travel and was an active volunteer with the Salvation Army food kitchen.
He is survived by three daughters, Doriada Henderson, Kim Powell and Kenya Holliman; a brother, John Henderson; a sister, Tina; six grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Funeral services are private. E.O. Curry Funeral Home in Peekskill is handling arrangements.
- 1 Police Investigating After Man's Body Is Found In Peekskill Creek
- 2 Peekskill Restaurant Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 3 Two Charged With Stealing Power Tools At Cortlandt Home Depot
- 4 Police Seek Public's Help In Search For Missing Man In Yorktown
- 5 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show