PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Ernest Henderson of Peekskill died Nov. 17. He was 79.
Born Oct. 30, 1933, in Mobile, Ala., he was the son of John and Clara Taylor Henderson. He served in the U.S. merchant marine for several years. Henderson loved to cook and travel and was an active volunteer with the Salvation Army food kitchen.
He is survived by three daughters, Doriada Henderson, Kim Powell and Kenya Holliman; a brother, John Henderson; a sister, Tina; six grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
Funeral services are private. E.O. Curry Funeral Home in Peekskill is handling arrangements.
- 1 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits The Market For $29.5M
- 2 Woman In Critical Condition After I-84 Crash
- 3 Westchester Man Is Killed In NYC Hotel Construction Site Accident
- 4 Police Seeking Public's Help In Search For Missing Greenwich Teen Girl
- 5 Montrose, Verplanck Affected By Water Main Break