PEEKSKILL/CORTLANDT, N.Y. - Charles H. DeLaVallierre, a lifelong Peekskill-Cortlandt resident, died April 29. He was 90.
DeLaVallierre served in the U.S. Army from 1943 to 1945. He worked as a roofer for over 35 years for Gallaghers Roofing in Croton, until retiring. He was a life-member of the Centennial Hose Fire Company No. 4 of Peekskill; and was a member of the Peekskill Elks Lodge #744.
DeLaVallierre is survived by his daughters, Kathryn Lomiento, Charlene Russo and Diane Day; three grandchildren; three great-grandchildren; and brother, James DeLaVallierre. He was predeceased by his wife, Catherine; grandson, Tony Lomiento; and brother, Robert DeLaVallierre.
Calling hours are Saturday, May 3 from 7 to 9 p.m. and Sunday, May 4 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the E.O. Curry Funeral Home, Peekskill. A Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Monday, May 5 at the Church of the Assumption, Peekskill, followed by interment in the Assumption Cemetery, Cortlandt Manor.
For more information, please visit: http://www.eocurryfuneralhome.com
- 1 Firefighters Contain Blaze At Kohl's In Cortlandt
- 2 Police Seek Suspect In Robberies In Peekskill, Ossining
- 3 Westchester Bank Manager Is Charged With Stealing Over $1.4M
- 4 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported On Peekskill Hollow Road
- 5 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill