PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Cecilia 'Marjory' Schmitt, a life-long resident of Peekskill, died Aug. 20. She was 91.
Schmitt worked for 25 years as a teacher's aide in the Peekskill School District, until retiring. She was a longtime member of the Peekskill Volunteer Ambulance Corp.
Schmitt is survived by her husband, Richard Schmitt, Sr.; sons, Richard (Kathleen) Schmitt Jr., Edward (Jean Long) Schmitt, Kevin (Barbara) Schmitt; daughters, Onnie (Peter) Brown and Lisa Marie (Ronnie) Tompkins; 13 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
Calling hours are Saturday, Aug. 23 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the E.O. Curry Funeral Home, Peekskill, where a prayer service will be offered at 6:30 p.m. Interment will be private at discretion of the family.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Peekskill Volunteer Ambulance Corp, P.O. Box 137, Peekskill, NY 10566.
For more information, please visit: http://www.eocurryfuneralhome.com
- 1 State Police Warn Peekskill Residents Of Phone Scam
- 2 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield