PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Cecilia 'Marjory' Schmitt, a life-long resident of Peekskill, died Aug. 20. She was 91.
Schmitt worked for 25 years as a teacher's aide in the Peekskill School District, until retiring. She was a longtime member of the Peekskill Volunteer Ambulance Corp.
Schmitt is survived by her husband, Richard Schmitt, Sr.; sons, Richard (Kathleen) Schmitt Jr., Edward (Jean Long) Schmitt, Kevin (Barbara) Schmitt; daughters, Onnie (Peter) Brown and Lisa Marie (Ronnie) Tompkins; 13 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
Calling hours are Saturday, Aug. 23 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the E.O. Curry Funeral Home, Peekskill, where a prayer service will be offered at 6:30 p.m. Interment will be private at discretion of the family.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Peekskill Volunteer Ambulance Corp, P.O. Box 137, Peekskill, NY 10566.
For more information, please visit: http://www.eocurryfuneralhome.com
- 1 Peekskill School District Budget Approved
- 2 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth As Part Of Westchester Bust
- 3 Peekskill Democrats Pick Candidates For November Election
- 4 Obama Will Fly Into Westchester Airport For Big-Ticket Fundraiser
- 5 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies