PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Cecilia 'Marjory' Schmitt, a life-long resident of Peekskill, died Aug. 20. She was 91.
Schmitt worked for 25 years as a teacher's aide in the Peekskill School District, until retiring. She was a longtime member of the Peekskill Volunteer Ambulance Corp.
Schmitt is survived by her husband, Richard Schmitt, Sr.; sons, Richard (Kathleen) Schmitt Jr., Edward (Jean Long) Schmitt, Kevin (Barbara) Schmitt; daughters, Onnie (Peter) Brown and Lisa Marie (Ronnie) Tompkins; 13 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
Calling hours are Saturday, Aug. 23 from 4 to 7 p.m. at the E.O. Curry Funeral Home, Peekskill, where a prayer service will be offered at 6:30 p.m. Interment will be private at discretion of the family.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Peekskill Volunteer Ambulance Corp, P.O. Box 137, Peekskill, NY 10566.
For more information, please visit: http://www.eocurryfuneralhome.com
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Peekskill
- 4 Former Peekskill Resident Honored By Bill Belichick Foundation
- 5 The Grinch Makes An Appearance At Decorated Peekskill Home