PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Annie Z. Buhs of Peekskill died Jan. 7. She was 92.
Buhs was born Nov. 12, 1921, in Wakefield, Mich., to Steven and Annie Pongracich Zorich. She was a nursing assistant at St. Joseph's Home in Peekskill. She also worked with her husband, John in their family business, Jack's Watch Shop and St. Ann's Religious Store.
Buhs is survived by her sons, Stephen Buhs of Peekskill and James Buhs (Judy) of Holmes; daughter, Mary Buhs of Putnam Valley; three grandchildren; three great grandchildren; sister, Jeanne Janish of Lexington, Ky.; brother, Robert Zorich of Minnesota; and sister-in-law, Mary Gale. She was predeceased by her husband, John Buhs.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 10 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home, Peekskill. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 11 at the Assumption Church. Interment to follow at the Assumption Cemetery.
- 1 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 2 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case
- 3 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 4 American Legion To Host June 6 Run/Walk For Heroes In Peekskill
- 5 State Police Issue 30 Tickets In Route 9 Speed Detail