PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Annie Z. Buhs of Peekskill died Jan. 7. She was 92.
Buhs was born Nov. 12, 1921, in Wakefield, Mich., to Steven and Annie Pongracich Zorich. She was a nursing assistant at St. Joseph's Home in Peekskill. She also worked with her husband, John in their family business, Jack's Watch Shop and St. Ann's Religious Store.
Buhs is survived by her sons, Stephen Buhs of Peekskill and James Buhs (Judy) of Holmes; daughter, Mary Buhs of Putnam Valley; three grandchildren; three great grandchildren; sister, Jeanne Janish of Lexington, Ky.; brother, Robert Zorich of Minnesota; and sister-in-law, Mary Gale. She was predeceased by her husband, John Buhs.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 10 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home, Peekskill. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 11 at the Assumption Church. Interment to follow at the Assumption Cemetery.
- 1 Arrest Of Peekskill Woman On DWI Charges Tops Week's News
- 2 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 3 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 4 Murphy Campaign Accuses Wagner Camp Of Several Misdeeds
- 5 Brewing Up Fun at Peekskill's Hudson Hop and Harvest