PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Annie Z. Buhs of Peekskill died Jan. 7. She was 92.
Buhs was born Nov. 12, 1921, in Wakefield, Mich., to Steven and Annie Pongracich Zorich. She was a nursing assistant at St. Joseph's Home in Peekskill. She also worked with her husband, John in their family business, Jack's Watch Shop and St. Ann's Religious Store.
Buhs is survived by her sons, Stephen Buhs of Peekskill and James Buhs (Judy) of Holmes; daughter, Mary Buhs of Putnam Valley; three grandchildren; three great grandchildren; sister, Jeanne Janish of Lexington, Ky.; brother, Robert Zorich of Minnesota; and sister-in-law, Mary Gale. She was predeceased by her husband, John Buhs.
Calling hours are Friday, Jan. 10 from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Joseph F. Nardone Funeral Home, Peekskill. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Saturday, Jan. 11 at the Assumption Church. Interment to follow at the Assumption Cemetery.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Peekskill Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 Snow Likely At End Of Weekend In Peekskill
- 5 Peekskill Restaurant Week Offers Discounted Lunch And Dinners