YORKTOWN, N.Y. - A Peekskill man was hospitalized Monday night after police said he was assaulted with a metal flashlight outside of BJ's Wholesale Club.
Police responded to the Crompond Road store at 8:08 p.m. on reports of an altercation outside the main entrance. The suspect, Jorge Lopez, 44, of the Bronx, allegedly struck the victim several times in the head with a flashlight before driving off in a silver Chevrolet, according to the report.
The victim was transported to Hudson Valley Hospital and treated for head injuries, police said.
Lopez, 44, was stopped about 8:25 p.m. on the Taconic State Parkway and charged with felony assault in the second degree and misdemeanor criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree.
Lopez was released on $2,500 cash bail and is due back in court at 6 p.m. Thursday.
- 1 Cortlandt Manor Man Killed In Hit-And-Run Accident
- 2 State Police Warn Peekskill Residents Of Phone Scam
- 3 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 4 Head Of Yoga Empire With Westchester Locales Faces Rape Allegation
- 5 Valhalla Man Recovers After 18-Wheeler's 'Ice Missile' Breaks Windshield