YORKTOWN, N.Y. - A Peekskill man was hospitalized Monday night after police said he was assaulted with a metal flashlight outside of BJ's Wholesale Club.
Police responded to the Crompond Road store at 8:08 p.m. on reports of an altercation outside the main entrance. The suspect, Jorge Lopez, 44, of the Bronx, allegedly struck the victim several times in the head with a flashlight before driving off in a silver Chevrolet, according to the report.
The victim was transported to Hudson Valley Hospital and treated for head injuries, police said.
Lopez, 44, was stopped about 8:25 p.m. on the Taconic State Parkway and charged with felony assault in the second degree and misdemeanor criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree.
Lopez was released on $2,500 cash bail and is due back in court at 6 p.m. Thursday.
- 1 Report: Peekskill HS Coach Resigned After Teen Alleged Sex Act
- 2 Peekskill Ranked Among New York's Safest Places To Live
- 3 Verplanck Man, 56, Charged With Identity Theft
- 4 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 5 Former Peekskill Girls Basketball Coach Let Go By College