YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Police charged a Mamaroneck teen with making a false sex abuse claim on Sunday, March 9, police officials said.
The suspect appeared at the Yorktown Police Department on Jan. 29 claiming he was sexually assaulted by two residents at the Phoenix Academy by two male residents, Yorktown Police said.
Officers who investigated the case allege that the suspect fabricated the report of sexual abuse and also provided a false written statement.
The suspect is scheduled to appear in Yorktown Court on Thursday, April 10, according to Yorktown Police.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 4 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 5 Croton Police Gathering Evidence In Lacey Carr Death Probe