YORKTOWN, N.Y. -- Yorktown Police charged a Mamaroneck teen with making a false sex abuse claim on Sunday, March 9, police officials said.
The suspect appeared at the Yorktown Police Department on Jan. 29 claiming he was sexually assaulted by two residents at the Phoenix Academy by two male residents, Yorktown Police said.
Officers who investigated the case allege that the suspect fabricated the report of sexual abuse and also provided a false written statement.
The suspect is scheduled to appear in Yorktown Court on Thursday, April 10, according to Yorktown Police.
- 1 Former Peekskill Girls Basketball Coach Let Go By College
- 2 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Police: Drugs, Alcohol May Have Been Involved In Verplanck Woman's Death
- 5 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud