PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Because of the forecast of a winter storm, the City of Peekskill has announced a winter-parking weather alert will be in effect starting at 8 p.m. Tuesday and will last until it is rescinded.
- All overnight parking (from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.) is prohibited on streets that do not have alternate side parking.
- Overnight parking will be allowed on streets where parking on alternate sides of the street is permitted.
- Motorists are cautioned to follow the posted signs and ensure they are on the proper side of the street to avoid being ticketed and towed.
- Parking between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m. is prohibited on any street that does not have winter or alternate side parking signs.
- Vehicles found in violation will be towed at the owner’s expense and fined $50. Motorists are asked to cooperate to ensure that snow removal operations can be completed without hindrance from illegally parked vehicles.
- The city is reminding residents that the winter- parking weather alert will be rescinded only when snow removal operations have been completed, not simply at the conclusion of the storm.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.