PEEKSKILL, N.Y. – Because of the forecast of a winter storm, the City of Peekskill has announced a winter-parking weather alert will be in effect starting at 8 p.m. Tuesday and will last until it is rescinded.
- All overnight parking (from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.) is prohibited on streets that do not have alternate side parking.
- Overnight parking will be allowed on streets where parking on alternate sides of the street is permitted.
- Motorists are cautioned to follow the posted signs and ensure they are on the proper side of the street to avoid being ticketed and towed.
- Parking between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m. is prohibited on any street that does not have winter or alternate side parking signs.
- Vehicles found in violation will be towed at the owner’s expense and fined $50. Motorists are asked to cooperate to ensure that snow removal operations can be completed without hindrance from illegally parked vehicles.
- The city is reminding residents that the winter- parking weather alert will be rescinded only when snow removal operations have been completed, not simply at the conclusion of the storm.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Peekskill, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Peekskill
- 3 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Peekskill; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Peekskill Native Allison Pataki Publishes New Book About Habsburg Family