WESTCHESTER, NY -- It's Easter Weekend, but there are still plenty to do around Peekskill and Cortlandt:
Friday, March 29
- Church of the Assumption Live Stations of the Cross : 1 p.m. A costumed cast of 50-75 parishioners of the Church of the Assumption will gather at Depew Park to depict the Stations of the Cross . Also, known as the Way of the Cross, this ancient devotion is practiced especially during Lent as a means of recreating the last hours of Jesus’ walk to Calvary and His crucifixion. This is the 11th year parishioners have gathered for this devotion which has grown steadily every year. Last year, Father Vincent Druding marked the first year a priest portrayed the role of Jesus and will play the role again this year. Depew Park, Peekskill.
- Book Chat : 4 p.m. The group will be discussing the book “Tuck Everlasting” by Natalie Babbitt while enjoying a snack. Register and receive a free book. Hendrick Hudson Free Library, 185 Kings Ferry Rd., Montrose.
- The Ray Spiegel Indo-Jazz Ensemble : 7:30 p.m. Ray Spiegel, a leading tabla player, studied under the percussion masters Ustad Alla Rakha and Ustad Zakir Hussain and has appeared with musicians Ustad Alla Rakha, Sultan Khan, The Grateful Dead, Ravi Shankar, and Bon Jovi, among others. Admission is $10. BeanRunner Café, 201 S. Division St. Peekskill.
- Fred Gillen Jr.: 8 p.m. The local folk music artist will perform a free live set for patrons. Peekskill Coffee House, 101 S. Division St., Peekskill.
- Rhonda Denet and the Bad Cats: 9:30 p.m. With a repertoire that spans from Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James and Anita Baker to Stevie Wonder to the pop band Journey, Rhonda puts a soulful spin on everything she sings. Admission is a $10 entertainment fee or $5 with a dinner entrée. 12 Grapes, 12 N. Division St., Peekskill.
Saturday, March 30
- Hilltop Farms Easter Egg Hunt : 12 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. Hilltop Farms Croton-on-Hudson, 2028 Albany Post Road, Croton-on-Hudson. Hunt #1: will be held at noon and hunt #2: will be held at 2 p.m. The rain date is Sunday, March 31 at the same times. Hilltop Farms, 2028 Albany Post Road, Croton-on-Hudson.:
- Sports Equipment tag Sale: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Sponsored by Cortlandt National Little League, there will be low prices on sports gear for all seasons (baseball, football, golf, tennis, skis and more) and all proceeds will benefit the League. There will be many other activities will also be available for kids of all ages including a bake sale, a BBQ and face painting. Buchanan Pavilion, Westchester Ave., Buchanan.
- Women’s History Month Celebration with Sage : 7:30 p.m. Sage, an all-women jazz, blues and contemporary ensemble, has appeared with Ray Charles, Denzel Washington, Regina Carter, the Duke Ellington Show Choir and many others. They also headlined the 2009 Inaugural Ball. Admission is $10. BeanRunner Café, 201 S. Division St. Peekskill.
- The Art Smith Project : 8 p.m. The local R&B and pop artists will perform a free live set for patrons. The Peekskill Coffee House, 101 S. Division St., Peekskill N.Y.
- The Fred Savages: 9:30 p.m. Tunes from eighties favorites like Peter Gabriel, Ozzie Ozborne, Billy Idol, The Police, The Cars, U2, The Stray Cats and more. Admission is a $10 entertainment fee or $5 with a dinner entrée. 12 Grapes, 12 N. Division St., Peekskill.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.