PEEKSKILL, NY -- From live acrobatics to live jazz, there's plenty of things to do in and around the city this weekend.
- 12 Grapes will have The Geoff Hartwell Band, which has opened for acts such as the Allman Brothers, performing at 9:30 p.m. Admission is a $5 entertainment fee for all, including diners.
- The BeanRunner Cafe presents roots, ska and reggae live for Women's Music Month with upstate New York favorite The Big Takeover starting at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $10.
- The Birdsall House presents a performance by Matt Turk starting at 10 p.m. Admission is free for patrons.
- The Cove will have the band Holiday Road starting at 9 p.m. Admission is free for patrons.
- Nellie's Cafe will hold a "Stop Light Dance Party" starting at 8 p.m. with DJ Suave. Come dressed in green if you're single and ready to mingle, yellow if looking to meet new friends or red if already in love. Admission is $5.
- Peekskill Coffee House will have a free performance by progressive rock/jazz fusion of And The Traveler starting at 8 p.m.
- The Hudson Valley Gateway Chamber of Commerce will hold the Hudson Valley Gateway Experience from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the The Mansion at Colonial Terrace in Cortlandt Manor. It features exhibits by local goods and services providers, demonstrations, fitness information, home improvements, artists, culinary crafts, nonprofits and many more. Go to the chamber's website for more information. Admission is $5 per person and $3 for children over 12 and seniors.
- The Paramount Center for the Arts welcomes The Charlie Daniels Band at 8 p.m. Tickets are $49.50 and $65.
- 12 Grapes will have the Sundown Band performing a southern rock set starting at 9:30 p.m. Admission is a $10 entertainment fee or $5 with a dinner entree.
- The BeanRunner Cafe presents the "Lady Got Chops Women's Music Month Jazz Festival" with the Sharel Casity Quartet starting at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $10.
- The Cove will host the band Thrown Together starting at 9 p.m. Admission is free for patrons.
- The Peekskill Coffee House will host a free performance of blues and R&B by the band Blues Buddah starting at 8 p.m.
- Ruben's Mexican Cafe will have DJ eBuggy spinning starting at 10 p.m.
- 12 Grapes will hold a free "Unplugged Sunday" showcase with local artists Addie Brownlee and Yorktown High School's own Kristina Koller. The women will be performing alternating sets.
- The BeanRunner Cafe and the Peekskill Playhouse will present Women of Another Planet, Inner Voices from Planet starting at 4 p.m. The performance will be followed by wine and cheese, music by singer, songwriter Ryan O'Connor and Paul Mesches. Admission is $10.
- The Paramount Center for the Arts will present The Chinese Acrobats of Hebei starting at 3 p.m. The group showcases gravity-defying acrobatics combined with the discipline of the martial arts. Tickets are $25.
- The Peekskill Coffee House will host a free jazz performance by The Tristan Napoli Trio starting at 1 p.m.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.