PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Suspended Peekskill High School social studies chair Allison Risoli is suing the district for libel, slander and inflicting emotional distress, according to a LoHud report.
Risoli is on suspension and is accused of altering answers on Regents examinations for two students, according to previous reports from Daily Voice. Risoli filed a lawsuit this week in state Supreme Court, "which also names former schools Superintendent James Willis and school board members individually," in which she claims the defendants "falsely accused" her of altering the two students' grades, according to the LoHud report.
"For over 22 years, Allison Risoli has been an exemplary educator at Peekskill High School," said her lawyer, Keith J. McMillan in the LoHud report. "We have filed suit in response to the district's wrongful action."
- 1 Man, 22, Charged In Tire-Slashing Incidents In Peekskill
- 2 Valentine Grocery In Peekskill Fined For Alcohol Sale To A Minor
- 3 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 4 Hudson Valley Gateway Hosts Annual Expo In Peekskill
- 5 Ramp Closure, Heavy Delays On Taconic State Parkway