PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Suspended Peekskill High School social studies chair Allison Risoli is suing the district for libel, slander and inflicting emotional distress, according to a LoHud report.
Risoli is on suspension and is accused of altering answers on Regents examinations for two students, according to previous reports from Daily Voice. Risoli filed a lawsuit this week in state Supreme Court, "which also names former schools Superintendent James Willis and school board members individually," in which she claims the defendants "falsely accused" her of altering the two students' grades, according to the LoHud report.
"For over 22 years, Allison Risoli has been an exemplary educator at Peekskill High School," said her lawyer, Keith J. McMillan in the LoHud report. "We have filed suit in response to the district's wrongful action."
- 1 Peekskill's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 'Light The Night Walk' Team Participates In Memory Of Peekskill Man
- 3 Letter: Peekskill Must Eliminate Longevity Bonuses
- 4 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home