PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill last week:
- A Scarsdale insurance agency owner and a Peekskill insurance agent were sentenced to prison for their involvement in a life insurance fraud scheme, according to the Westchester County Business Journal.
- New York State Police charged a Mohegan Lake man with possession of 43 baggies of cocaine on Interstate 84, authorities said.
- Brian McCallum, a 27-year-old Buchanan resident, was struck and killed by an Amtrak train Wednesday night at the Cortlandt train station.
- Yorktown police have arrested a 15-year-old Yorktown female, whose name is being withheld due to her age, who was accused of hosting a party that allowed persons under age 21 to consume alcohol.
- Westchester County Police have identified the victim who died early Wednesday when his car left the Saw Mill River Parkway at the Ardsley exit ramp, crashed through a railing and plunged about 30 feet to the ground below.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Peekskill, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Peekskill; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 4 Peekskill Dodges Worst Of Nor'ester
- 5 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road