UPDATE - 7:30 a.m.:
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- All lanes are closed between the Sprain Brook Parkway and the Exit 22-Westchester County Center because of flooding on the Bronx River Parkway.
UPDATE - 7:30 a.m:
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The Saw Mill River Parkway near Lawrence Street at Mile Marker 6.8 reopened by 7 a.m.
ORIGINAL REPORT - 6:30 a.m.:
WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- With as much as 3 inches of rain expected to fall in Westchester County through overnight Sunday, flooding has occurred on local roads, including a portion of the Hutchinson River and Saw Mill River parkways on Sunday.
The Hudson Valley Traveler posted an advisory at 6:30 a.m. that all northbound lanes were closed as a result of flooding on the Hutchinson River Parkway at Mile Marker 7.8 in Mount Vernon at Exit 12 - East Lincoln Avenue.
The speed limit on the Tappan Zee Bridge was lowered to 45 miles per hour due to weather conditions.
The Saw Mill River Parkway at Mile Marker 6.8 in Dobbs Ferry at Exit 16 - Lawrence Street was closed for a time in the southbound direction. Motorists should use Route 9A or the Sprain Brook Parkway as alternate routes.
More flooding is expected as the rain continues.
Check back here Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 2 Mohegan Lake Man Breaks Nose Of Former Employee, Police Say
- 3 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Peekskill
- 4 Former Peekskill Resident Honored By Bill Belichick Foundation
- 5 The Grinch Makes An Appearance At Decorated Peekskill Home