WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Sarah Lawrence College in Bronxville is among 55 colleges and universities being investigated for illegally handling sexual violence and harrassment complaints, the U.S. Department of Education announced according to a CNN report.
"We are making this list available in an effort to bring more transparency to our enforcement work and to foster better public awareness of civil rights," said Catherine E. Lhamon, the department's assistant secretary for civil rights, in the CNN report.
"We hope this increased transparency will spur community dialogue about this important issue. I also want to make it clear that a college or university's appearance on this list and being the subject of a Title IX investigation in no way indicates at this stage that the college or university is violating or has violated the law," Lhamon said in the CNN report.
The list does not divulge any details in the case but it will be updated regularly and available to the public upon request, according to the CNN report.
- 1 Peekskill Democrats Pick Candidates For November Election
- 2 Man Charged With Distributing Crystal Meth In Westchester Bust
- 3 Body Found In Hudson River Could Be Missing Kayaker In Murder Case
- 4 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 5 American Legion To Host June 6 Run/Walk For Heroes In Peekskill