PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill last week:
- Peekskill residents could see a significant increase in their property taxes if a proposed 2015 budget gets approved by the Common Council, according to theexaminernews.com.
- New York State Police charged a Cortlandt man with trespassing on Hendrick Hudson High School grounds on Friday, Oct. 31, officials said.
- Westchester County has seven different school districts in the top 25 rankings of best public school systems, according to Niche, an education website dedicated to providing rankings and systems on school districts throughout the country.
- State police made two drunken driving arrests and issued 14 violations for speeding and unlawful cell phone use as part of a detail with the Westchester County and Greenburgh police departments on Friday.
- One IBM employee was taken to the hospital after being exposed to cyanide Wednesday morning, according to Lt. Kevin Soravilla of the Yorktown police.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.