PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill this week:
- The City of Peekskill is considering reassessing properties, which it hasn't done in more than 50 years. The city last re-evaluated its property in 1958 and properties are still being assessed at that 1958 value, which is what residents pay property taxes on.
- Lanay Rodney scored 16 of her 23 points in the first half Wednesday to lead the Peekskill girls basketball team to a 63-35 victory over top-seeded Beacon in the Section 1 Class A semifinals at the County Center.
- The Guardian Academy Charter School of Peekskill will host an information session on Tuesday, March 4.
- Two men have been arrested and charged by Yorktown Police in the hit-and-run death that killed 72-year old Georgia Turner on Thursday.
- The town of Cortlandt and Hendrick Hudson High School joined forces on Tuesday to host "Prescription Drugs and Heroin: What Our Community Needs To Know To Stay Safe."
- 1 Police Investigating After Man's Body Is Found In Peekskill Creek
- 2 Peekskill Restaurant Fined By New York Liquor Authority
- 3 Two Charged With Stealing Power Tools At Cortlandt Home Depot
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Police Ask For Public's Help In Search For Missing Man In Yorktown