PEEKSKILL, N.Y. - Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill last week:
- The Peekskill School District isn't sure if the teacher who was fined half of her annual salary for altering answers on a Regents exam will return to the classroom, according to LoHud.com
- Darrell Davis, a community activist, led more than 50 people in chanting "Hands up, don't shoot!" at a rally in Peekskill calling for justice in the shooting of Michael Brown, an 18-year-old who was unarmed when he was shot by police in Ferguson, Missouri.
- The fisherman who died after falling into the Croton Falls Reservoir on Tuesday was identified as John Scales, a 73-year-old Manhattan resident, according to a New York City Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) official.
- A pair of accidents snarled the Monday morning commute in Westchester County. Both north and southbound lanes of Route 9 were closed just south of the Bear Mountain Parkway after a rolled over truck.
- In a case that has drawn attention from throughout the area , the Medical Examiner’s Office has ruled the death of a Ridgefield baby a homicide, according to a report on NBCConnecticut.com
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.