PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Peekskill last week:
- A Peekskill resident, Colin Bemis, who grew up on Brown Street and attended the Assumption School, is preparing to film a movie in the city he calls home.
- A Peekskill bakery received a call every aspiring big leaguer dreams of -- to help out the New York Yankees.
- Residents of Westchester County and across New York State could see their health insurance premiums spike by an average of 13 percent according to capitalnewyork.com.
- Westchester ranks high among New York's exciting places to live and Port Chester is the lone Westchester representative named among the top 10, according to a report by Movoto.
- 1 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case
- 2 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 3 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 4 Ossining Teacher, Former Coach Reassigned After Felony DWI Charge
- 5 Bear Mountain Bridge Serenity On Display On Busy Getaway Holiday Travel Day