PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- The parents of a former Peekskill student have filed suit against the school district after representatives allegedly took her to a clinic that gave her birth control pills without the parents' consent, according to LoHud.com.
The suit claims that two other parents associated with the district worked together to provide the student, who was a minor, with access to a physical and birth control pills in 2011 and that the parents were never provided an opportunity to opt out, LoHud.com reported.
The Board of Education, Dawn and James Tosto, and former Schools Superintendent James Willis were all named in the suit, LoHud.com said.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Peekskill Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Peekskill
- 5 Snow Could Be Returning To Peekskill Tuesday