NEW YORK, N.Y. ‒ The meteorite that came crashing down on a Chevy Malibu in Peekskill on Oct. 9, 1992, was sold for $16,250, according to the auction groups overseeing the sale.
The “Peekskill Meteorite,” as it came to be known, was sold by Heritage Auctions at the Fletcher Sinclair Mansion in Manhattan on Sunday, along with more than 100 other meteorites of varying sizes.
The 83.68-gram meteorite was purchased by a museum that did not want to be identified, according to a report Monday in The Journal News.
- 1 Former Peekskill Girls Basketball Coach Let Go By College
- 2 NYPD Officer, Former Section 1 Basketball Star, Killed In Bronx Crash
- 3 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 4 Three Youths Charged With Ransacking Hudson Valley Islamic Center
- 5 Westchester Publisher Charged With Loan, Tax Fraud