NEW YORK, N.Y. ‒ The meteorite that came crashing down on a Chevy Malibu in Peekskill on Oct. 9, 1992, was sold for $16,250, according to the auction groups overseeing the sale.
The “Peekskill Meteorite,” as it came to be known, was sold by Heritage Auctions at the Fletcher Sinclair Mansion in Manhattan on Sunday, along with more than 100 other meteorites of varying sizes.
The 83.68-gram meteorite was purchased by a museum that did not want to be identified, according to a report Monday in The Journal News.
- 1 Peekskill Man, 31, Charged With Sexually Abusing Child
- 2 Pair Arrested On Burglary Charges In Cortlandt
- 3 Yorktown Police Charge Peekskill Woman With Suspended Registration
- 4 Deskovic Lists Peekskill Detective's Actions In Coercion Trial
- 5 Actor Bruce Willis Buys Two Westchester Properties, Report Says