NEW YORK, N.Y. ‒ The meteorite that came crashing down on a Chevy Malibu in Peekskill on Oct. 9, 1992, was sold for $16,250, according to the auction groups overseeing the sale.
The “Peekskill Meteorite,” as it came to be known, was sold by Heritage Auctions at the Fletcher Sinclair Mansion in Manhattan on Sunday, along with more than 100 other meteorites of varying sizes.
The 83.68-gram meteorite was purchased by a museum that did not want to be identified, according to a report Monday in The Journal News.
- 1 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case
- 2 Police Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 3 Fiancee Pulled Paddle Away As Hudson River Victim Flailed, Prosecutors Say
- 4 Boil Water Advisory Affects 150,000 Westchester Residents
- 5 Man Charged After Crashing Boat Into Verplanck Sea Wall