NEW YORK, N.Y. ‒ The meteorite that came crashing down on a Chevy Malibu in Peekskill on Oct. 9, 1992, was sold for $16,250, according to the auction groups overseeing the sale.
The “Peekskill Meteorite,” as it came to be known, was sold by Heritage Auctions at the Fletcher Sinclair Mansion in Manhattan on Sunday, along with more than 100 other meteorites of varying sizes.
The 83.68-gram meteorite was purchased by a museum that did not want to be identified, according to a report Monday in The Journal News.
- 1 Arrest Of Peekskill Woman On DWI Charges Tops Week's News
- 2 It's A Girl: Westchester's Clintons Are Grandparents As Chelsea Gives Birth
- 3 Mysterious UFO Still Vexes Westchester Police Officer
- 4 Murphy Campaign Accuses Wagner Camp Of Several Misdeeds
- 5 Brewing Up Fun at Peekskill's Hudson Hop and Harvest