PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Mayor Frank Catalina recently attacked the Common Council, saying members failed to prepare for tax certiorari cases, according to theexaminernews.com.
Catalina called the predominantly Democratic Common Council negligent for setting aside $150,000 for tax settlements when the city has routinely paid over $1 million in previous years, theexaminernews.com said.
Members of the council were apparently surprised when they heard the city was short on funding, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Peekskill, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 2 18 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Peekskill; Blizzard Warning Issued
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Peekskill
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 Accidents Reported On Taconic State Parkway, Bear Mountain Bridge Road