PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Mayor Frank Catalina recently attacked the Common Council, saying members failed to prepare for tax certiorari cases, according to theexaminernews.com.
Catalina called the predominantly Democratic Common Council negligent for setting aside $150,000 for tax settlements when the city has routinely paid over $1 million in previous years, theexaminernews.com said.
Members of the council were apparently surprised when they heard the city was short on funding, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Peekskill Man Charged In Shoplifting Incident At Yorktown Sears
- 2 Peekskill Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 3 Early Morning Shooting At Cortlandt Manor Pub Under Investigation
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Westchester School Closing, Early Dismissal Rundown