PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Mayor Frank Catalina recently attacked the Common Council, saying members failed to prepare for tax certiorari cases, according to theexaminernews.com.
Catalina called the predominantly Democratic Common Council negligent for setting aside $150,000 for tax settlements when the city has routinely paid over $1 million in previous years, theexaminernews.com said.
Members of the council were apparently surprised when they heard the city was short on funding, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 2 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 3 Credit Card Skimmer Discovery At Area Bank Prompts Concern
- 4 Service Dog Stolen From Car In Cortlandt Town Center
- 5 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd