PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Mayor Frank Catalina recently attacked the Common Council, saying members failed to prepare for tax certiorari cases, according to theexaminernews.com.
Catalina called the predominantly Democratic Common Council negligent for setting aside $150,000 for tax settlements when the city has routinely paid over $1 million in previous years, theexaminernews.com said.
Members of the council were apparently surprised when they heard the city was short on funding, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Body Found In Hudson River Near West Point
- 2 Body Pulled From Hudson ID'd As Missing Kayaker In Murder Case
- 3 Police Asking Public's Help In Search For Missing Teen With Medical Needs
- 4 American Legion To Host June 6 Run/Walk For Heroes In Peekskill
- 5 State Police Issue 30 Tickets In Route 9 Speed Detail