PEEKSKILL, N.Y. -- Mayor Frank Catalina recently attacked the Common Council, saying members failed to prepare for tax certiorari cases, according to theexaminernews.com.
Catalina called the predominantly Democratic Common Council negligent for setting aside $150,000 for tax settlements when the city has routinely paid over $1 million in previous years, theexaminernews.com said.
Members of the council were apparently surprised when they heard the city was short on funding, theexaminernews.com reported.
- 1 Peekskill's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 2 'Light The Night Walk' Team Participates In Memory Of Peekskill Man
- 3 Hendrick Hudson High School Locked Down For Second Day In A Row
- 4 Letter: Peekskill Must Eliminate Longevity Bonuses
- 5 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Buy New Westchester Home